TIGER evaluation process is consisted of two parts:
1. Tracking the use and reuse of TIGER OERs, mainly through quantitative measures, such as:
- Counting of the total number of OERs released, through the TIGER repository platform
- Tracking the total number of use and reuse of OERs, through the use of online analytics tools such as Google analytics or piwik
- Gathering ratings and comments on particular OERs, through the TIGER repository platform
2. Evaluating of the use and impact of OERs on stakeholders, through online surveys and interviews
Thanks Peter, our newly appointed TIGER technologist, for giving me lots of useful information about how tracking the use OERs can be done through a range of analytics tools.
Ming Nie, 27 Oct 2010